We bring years of experience with web content management and development best practices to every site we build.
Cast Iron Coding builds carefully crafted, attractive web sites and web applications using open source technologies. Unlike many marketing agencies and web design firms, we believe that developers (the people who understand the core technologies on which the web operates) need to be integrated into project planning and implementation. For this reason, all of our developers work out of our Portland office and are skilled communicators who engage with both the business and technical goals of a project.
Our developers are well-versed in emerging web technologies and recent trends in web development. We stay current so you don't have to.
Web technologies and strategies for customer engagement change at a rapid pace, making it difficult for marketing managers to stay up-to-date on the most current technologies and strategies. Our role at Cast Iron Coding is to act as a partner and a guide, to help you to take advantage of new web-based technologies and to develop solutions that increase efficiency, integrate systems, and improve content delivery and communication with your customers.
Our core competencies include the TYPO3 content management system, web hosting and infrastructure, framework-driven web application development, CRM integration and SEO optimization.
While we offer consulting services on most open-source web technologies, our particular areas of expertise are in:
- Open Source Web Content Mangement Systems, particularly the TYPO3 Content Management System, but including Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, and a number of other popular PHP and Ruby based open source CMSs.
- Custom Extension and Plug-in Development for Open Source Applications including TYPO3, Magento, Wordpress, Drupal, Moodle, and MediaWiki.
- Web Hosting and Web Application Infrastructure including advising clients on hardware configurations for medium- to large-scale web applications; determining appropriate hardware vendors and partners; strategies for web application backup, failover, and redundancy; and dedicated, shared, and cloud-managed hosting.
- Framework-Driven Web Application Development including the creation of internal and external database-driven web applications using popular open source frameworks such as Symfony, FLOW3, and Ruby on Rails.
- Website Support and Maintenance including on-call emergency response, content editor support, content entry services, site monitoring, and preventative maintenance.
- Web Strategy Consulting including CRM integration strategy (in particular, Salesforce and TYPO3), SSO implementation strategy, search engine optimization, social media marketing, analytics-driven site improvement, and utilizing emerging and open source technologies to increase ROI while decreasing TCO.